damaged stock criteria
We make every effort to check each individual book before we package and despatch orders as we know the frustration and disappointment in receiving unsatisfactory book-mail. We accept that mistakes and incidents can occur during this process. If you receive a wrong item or an item purchased incurs any damage in transit, we will replace the item with a new one where possible. We may encounter issues replacing any exclusive/special edition/subscription books damaged in transit due to the nature of their exclusivity. In these instances you may not receive an exact replica of the damaged book.
We highly recommended purchasing our eco-friendly bubble wrap option on each item purchased for international orders
Any claims must be submitted to us - with evidence - within 14 days of delivery. We review each concern on an individual basis but the below are our general guidelines.
• Damage over 1cm to outer book - tear, rip, cut, scratch, dents or excessively crushed edges/corners etc.
• More than one ripped or bent page that affects the content of the book
• Stains, discolouration, residue or marks etc. that cannot be removed
• Wrongly signed/bookplate/unsigned items that arrive other than advertised
• Production defects (such as missing pages etc.)
• Incorrectly folded dust jackets
• Extreme blur to stencilled edges
• Water damage
Does Not Qualify
• Light scratches, marks or removable residue etc.
• Minimal creasing, wrinkles or dents etc. to the book or dust jacket (including corners)
• General shelf wear
• Loose dust jackets
• Unevenly sprayed/blemished edges or bleeding onto pages
• Slight blur to stencilled edges
• Wavy pages